Top 7 ways to accept payment at your Book Fair – and one to avoid
Parents visiting your Book Fair can pay safely and securely for their books through a variety of methods:
1. Cash – that last €1 coin from the bottom of a pocket or the corner of a purse doesn’t need to go to waste!
2. Cheques – these need to be made payable to the school, not Scholastic.
3. Phone Payment – parents can now pay for purchases with their debit/credit card over a secure payment telephone line. Find out more.
4. Book Fair Gift Vouchers – save even more money at your Book Fair with gift vouchers. Simply buy online to save 20% and ask parents to take the printout to your Book Fair. Find out more.
5. €1.50 World Book Day tokens – we accept these only at certain times of the year. Speak to your Book Fair Co-ordinator for terms and conditions.
6. National Book Tokens – these can be spent at your Book Fair but no change can be given. Speak to your Book Fair Co-ordinator for terms and conditions.
7. Debit/credit card – this is only available if a chip and pin machine is provided for your school. The payments come directly through to Scholastic.
And one to avoid: Debit/credit card details must not be sent through the post under any circumstances. We no longer supply printed debit/credit card slips so if you have any from a previous Book Fair, please dispose of them. Speak to your Book Fair Co-ordinator if you have any questions about this or any kind of payment.
Put these tips into practice and your Book Fair will be flying!